Welder / Fabricator
JOB TITLE: Welder/Fabricator
Position requires an experienced individual to both Weld and Fabricate using various tools, materials and techniques to create and/or repair Automotive based company products and tooling. The desired candidate is to be an effective communicator and team player with the ability to multitask, follow work instruction and maintain both accountability and accurate work documentation through a start to finish fab process.
Core Welder/Fabricator Requirements: (Certified Welder)
• High school graduate or equivalent, minimum (2-4) years welding fabrication experience and applicable certifications (or the ability to obtain certifications within 1 year of satisfactory employment)
• General knowledge of fabrication, machining/ welding equipment setup, process and maintenance.
• Ability to consistently and precisely MIG and TIG weld both Steel and Aluminum
• Interpretation of manuals, design specifications, blueprints, SAE and metric drawings, prints
• Perform standard shop math: add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
• Use and knowledge of all core welding/ fabrication tools to weld, cut, trim, or scarf metal objects to dimensions, as required by purchase or work orders
• Inspection of both raw material and finished product for conformance to specifications.
• Effective communication and organization
Specific Welder/Fabricator Functions:
• Knowledge of wire, filler material and required gas applications for various steel alloys, aluminum, and some exotic materials
• Working knowledge of fixture and weld set up parameters (amps, volts, etc.).
• Familiarity of conventional and precision measuring instruments
• Accurately cut and bend material to required specs
• Finish grinding applications using both manual and power tools
• Position, clamp and jig of components preparatory to welding
• Identify and repair cracks/ fill holes in material using inspection equipment and processes
• Machine parts to specifications using machine tools such as lathes, milling machines, sharpeners, grinders, chop saws and cut off wheels
Overall Work Characteristics:
• Ability to work in a shop environment
• Ensure work area is always clean and safe
• Team player who takes direction and instructions
• Able to work 40+ hours per week with varied work shifts
• Must be a detail-oriented person with a “can do” attitude
• Must possess excellent written and verbal communication skills, expressing ideas clearly and actively listening to thoughts and ideas of others
• Operation of company vehicles and industrial machinery in support of providing completed company products
• Can assist other Fabricators and Welders as requested
• Ability to detect errors and correct through proper procedures and channels
• Assist in special projects and set up of test fixtures as required